Here and Now

Friday, March 04, 2005

Back from lunch

Just got in from an interesting late-night performance of Steven Berkoff's "Lunch" at the ADC. I hadn't been to the theatre in Cambridge for a long time (my last trip was last term when I saw an amusingly crap version of Proust's "A la recherche du temps perdu") so it was nice to get back into the whole beard-stroking arty thing again. It was, in the grand Cambridge tradition, by turns utterly incomprehensible and pretentious (dancing mimes and an interval lasting 30 seconds figured prominently in this) and rather good fun in a pseud-y sort of way. The acting was excellent, if occasionally disturbing and the whole thing was surprisingly short, only three quarters of an hour.

After the show we spent an amusing hour or so sitting in the theatre's bar trying not to laugh at all the luvvies- it really is incredible how they all pop up from somewhere and you never see them around any other time. Maybe I go to the wrong parties. (Or, as is perhaps more likely, maybe I go the right ones)

(Originally posted by Ed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home