The Cosin Feast
Well it's that time of year again, and last night we had our annual Cosin Feast. It's in memory of John Cosin, a mate of Archbishop Laud who was Master here in the 17th century. More info here. The food was good, cheese for starters followed by roast Buffalo for some reason, and then a Bakewell tart. It was an allrightish night I guess, not a patch on last year's feasts but then the lack of Clover does tend to make for less sparkling conversation. And then at the end of the evening I had other people's emotional trauma to deal with- I really should charge by the hour. Which reminds me, this is my list of potential employment paths...
Plan A: International relations, EU, UN, OSCE, whatever. Whatever the modern equivalent of the Colonial office is.
Plan B: Butchery. I like working with meat and chopping things, plus I can siphon off my stock.
Plan C: Agony Aunt. I do this non-stop anyway, why not get paid for it?
Plan D: Duck-Herder. No really. I've tried it and it's fantastic fun, plus I like Ducks. And Duck.
And if all else fails.... Plan E: Music Hall entertainer. "Ed Thomas and his incredible dancing teeth"
Where was I? Oh yeah, photos.



Don't ask me about the last one... More here, as always.
(First posted by Ed)
Plan A: International relations, EU, UN, OSCE, whatever. Whatever the modern equivalent of the Colonial office is.
Plan B: Butchery. I like working with meat and chopping things, plus I can siphon off my stock.
Plan C: Agony Aunt. I do this non-stop anyway, why not get paid for it?
Plan D: Duck-Herder. No really. I've tried it and it's fantastic fun, plus I like Ducks. And Duck.
And if all else fails.... Plan E: Music Hall entertainer. "Ed Thomas and his incredible dancing teeth"
Where was I? Oh yeah, photos.



Don't ask me about the last one... More here, as always.
(First posted by Ed)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home