Autumn's here

Looks like Autumn is here - there's a chill in the air this morning and the garden is very wet.


Having harvested a couple of large bowlfuls of apples yesterday and got the required supplies for the Limoncello I'd planned to make, I spent most of this morning in the kitchen, being a star WI person and preserving things. The damson gin (using two pounds of damsons from Mary Uzzell's garden) is already sitting on the counter, looking great and getting its daily shake-up.


I began with the limoncello, energetically zesting lemons for a good half hour before going on to begin the apple, cider and chilli jam from the Waitrose magazine this month. As I was following the recipe for that, I couldn't help notice the recipe on the opposite page, so a batch of apple, raspberry and thyme cheese took shape.
Came to my computer for a bit of a break after lunch and will now go back and make a tiramisu for a post-meeting lunch tomorrow. I'm quite looking forward to enjoying the fruits of my labours at this stage!
(First posted by Gill)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home