Here and Now

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Playing with a BMW

Today I had the BMW to play with. A nice car, it somehow lacked the spark I needed to excite me, and Edward's comment that he thought I intended to buy a "fun" car hit home rather. Of course there were some things which were fun/useful selling points - the automatic wipers, the lack of a dipstick, the automatic lights and pollution sensor. But, getting into my Alfa for the drive home, I realised that I had been driving a rather souless and conventional vehicle all day and was pleased to return to the Italian style and spirit that makes my car such a pleasure to own.

After our weekend away, Mark will go to Swindon to order his Lexus, and I'll tag along and hopefully try a 147. Fingers crossed that it will have the same Alfa magic I enjoy so much.

Feeling a little guilty that a BMW doesn't do it for me!

(Originally posted by Gill)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home