Here and Now

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Progress report

A short telephone conversation with Mummy yesterday provided the reassurance that we needed that she is progressing well. Before I returned home on Thursday evening, we set up the "Patientline" phone by her bedside for her and she appeared to take enough interest in it to raise my hopes of being able to speak to her. Right now, we haven't shared her phone number with anyone, for it's still early days and she finds it difficult to speak. But, day by day, things are improving and I am optimistic that before long, she will be able to communicate better. It makes a huge difference for me to be able to telephone her simply to say hello, goodnight or that I'm thinking of her - for being so far away at such a time is a challenge.

Mark will drive up to Hull this afternoon for a couple of days and further news will appear here shortly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home