A weekend in Shrewsbury, then back to Cambridge
Had a nice couple of days criss-crossing the country, as I'm wont to do...
On Friday we all went up to Ludlow to have a lunch tenuously in honour of my birthday, at the rather nice Hibiscus. Clover came down to join us (which was great) and we had a very good meal- I had the de rigeur Foie Gras ice-cream, followed by some excellent venison and a wonderfully rich chocolate tart, washed down with a really good Bordeaux chosen by Clover using her new-found l33t wine skillz. After the meal we got taken back up to Shrewsbury, as the next night I was her guest for her festive work do.
While she was at work in the morning I went around and took some photos of Shrewsbury- I spend enough of my time that I thought I might as well immortalise the place...
First, we have Clover's flat, and the building it's in;


Then a few photos of Shrewsbury itself;


The work do itself was great fun actually. Clover's colleagues are all apparently fans despite having never really met me (which was rather gratifying) and we got on very well. Was rather strange being at somebody else's work party and not knowing what any of the speeches were going on about etc, ut it was a fun evening nonetheless. Here's a few photos;


Anyway, I'm back in Cambridge now which is slightly odd, 7 terms down and two to go. Lots of work too, which isn't great but there we are...
Oh, and always, more photos here
(First posted by Ed)
On Friday we all went up to Ludlow to have a lunch tenuously in honour of my birthday, at the rather nice Hibiscus. Clover came down to join us (which was great) and we had a very good meal- I had the de rigeur Foie Gras ice-cream, followed by some excellent venison and a wonderfully rich chocolate tart, washed down with a really good Bordeaux chosen by Clover using her new-found l33t wine skillz. After the meal we got taken back up to Shrewsbury, as the next night I was her guest for her festive work do.
While she was at work in the morning I went around and took some photos of Shrewsbury- I spend enough of my time that I thought I might as well immortalise the place...
First, we have Clover's flat, and the building it's in;


Then a few photos of Shrewsbury itself;


The work do itself was great fun actually. Clover's colleagues are all apparently fans despite having never really met me (which was rather gratifying) and we got on very well. Was rather strange being at somebody else's work party and not knowing what any of the speeches were going on about etc, ut it was a fun evening nonetheless. Here's a few photos;


Anyway, I'm back in Cambridge now which is slightly odd, 7 terms down and two to go. Lots of work too, which isn't great but there we are...
Oh, and always, more photos here
(First posted by Ed)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home