Here and Now

Monday, March 27, 2006

A quiet day at home

So, it's Monday morning and the phone hasn't stopped ringing. I have the unusual luxury of a day at home, with no-one to see, nowhere to go, so have dressed in my slob outfit....GS velour trousers (elastic waist!) and baggy T shirt. Slobby socks and slippers, unwashed hair, no make up. Picture the scene? (probably better not!)

(I know, you don't really believe that I ever look anything less than perfect, but there we are, another illusion shattered)


Phone rings again. "Hello Gill, this is Rob from the Gloucester Citizen, we want to send a photographer to take some photographs of you"

Aaaaagh! Guess who dashes upstairs, tweaks hair (hairdryer conks out mid dry because it's overheated....) and changes into something smarter but trying hard not to look like a conventional "WI" twinset and pearls! Mark says my choice of top makes me look fat (well, not those words exactly but more or less...) Run upstairs again and change to pale pink polo neck....find I have black bra on....change into third outfit....shirt and scarf....make up on....the lot!

Photographer arrived, more or less rearranged all the furniture and spent a whirlwind fifteen minutes taking what seemed like 100s of photos.

How did he want me to look?

Relaxed!!

(as if)

Gill

If you want to know how it turned out, you will have to buy The Citizen on Saturday, where there is going to be a double page spread, by all accounts. No comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home