Here and Now

Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's over.


Time for normal life to resume.


I think Edna would have approved of the occasion - a simple, dignified, non-religious thanksgiving for her life led by someone who knew her personally and could speak authoritively about her, in the presence of the friends and family who loved her so much. It was bitterly cold and starting to snow as we came out, so we didn't hang around but went straight home and put the kettle on.

It's what she'd have wanted. Expected, even.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and good wishes...as I sat there feeling wretched, I took huge comfort in the knowledge that so many good friends were looking at their clocks and thinking...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I think you were receiving so many loving thoughts, prayers and virtual hugs that it was a veritable scrum of support and good wishes. And it contines....

    By Blogger Sue Krekorian, at 10:16 am  

  • It was a lovely service - with kind, intelligent, thoughtful and loving words.

    By Blogger susoolu, at 12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home