Here and Now

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday

Another day gone with no further news. This afternoon it all got the better of me and I finally admitted to myself that I could sit there no longer. Mark and I took advantage of what was probably the first dry weather in days and walked down to the city centre and M&S for a couple of things. We'd packed for just a couple of days last Tuesday and though we can wash and dry clothes here every night, we have asked ourselves what would happen should the call come when all our clothes are in the machine and we are sitting in our pyjamas...

The walk did both of us a power of good and we returned to sit for another couple of hours before coming back to Cottingham.

We have talked about returning home but the thought of having to turn around and drive all the way back again keeps us here for now. To use a Thomas phrase: "We'll see."

There is no doubt that she is weaker, more frail, less aware of our presence and her surroundings. Having said that, she is settled and shows no signs which are of concern to anyone who pops in to see her, though the hospital euphemism "comfortable" isn't always true, I fear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home