To Hull again
An easy drive to Hull yesterday, New Years Day, with hardly any traffic on the road. I found Mummy to be very sleepy indeed - more so than when we left her, and generally out of sorts. Most irritating was that her dentures had "gone missing" sometime over the weekend, somewhere between St Mary's and Hull Royal Infirmary and sadly, no-one had noticed until Christine and I arrived and remarked on the fact that her lower mouth looked saggy. Of course, such things don't make eating and drinking any easier and somehow, seeing her with such hollow cheeks emphasised how fragile she has become.
The general theory was that the medication used to control the small seizures, Epilin, was causing the drowsiness and the GP attending to her advised a small reduction in the dosage. It might take a couple of days to take effect, but in the meantime, there was no cause for concern. In the meantime, she has no interest in food or drink, indeed can barely summon enough energy to open her eyes.
As I left, she raised her hand to try to wave bye to me. Once again, I left in tears and drove home.
This is tough.
The general theory was that the medication used to control the small seizures, Epilin, was causing the drowsiness and the GP attending to her advised a small reduction in the dosage. It might take a couple of days to take effect, but in the meantime, there was no cause for concern. In the meantime, she has no interest in food or drink, indeed can barely summon enough energy to open her eyes.
As I left, she raised her hand to try to wave bye to me. Once again, I left in tears and drove home.
This is tough.
Labels: Family news

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home