Boxing Day
I anticipated a challenging Christmas this year and was not feeling particularly jolly as I made tea at 6am. I am blessed with an amazing family, however, and thanks to them I went to bed at nearly midnight in much better spirits.
I spoke to Edna several times during the day. First thing, when one of the St Mary's staff brought her to sit by the phone when I rang. Later in the morning, Christine and Jean took along her presents and shared the openings over the phone. So thoughtful to do this and typically sweet of them. Edna was quite chatty and happy to speak to Edward too - she sounded fine, which set my mind at rest.
Finally, I rang her last evening, to ask how her day had been. "Wonderful" was the answer. It was all I needed to ensure a good nights sleep and look forward to seeing her in a couple of days.
At this end, Mark, Edward and Bettine made sure that even though we were fewer than ever at the table, this Christmas was special too. Kitchen duties were shared and every one of us had the most marvellous surprises. We look forward to an afternoon and evening with friends today and to having small children in the house again. Off to get the cooking sorted now.
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and hoping your day was as special as ours.
Labels: Family news

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home